Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Minh's Vietnamese

I'll start with this to get it off the places to try list.

What I knew coming in:

Minh's
- Vietnamese at 2500 Wilson Blvd.
- 2009 100 best Washingtonian
- supposed to have a really good appetizer that involves deep fried sweet potatoes & shrimp

Results:

I ate there too long ago to remember enough to give a thorough review, but...

I went with a date.  She had some kind of carmelized pork dish.  It was very tasty and pretty spicy.  I had some meat and leaves thing common to Vietnamese places.  It was pretty good, especially for "some meat and leaves thing common to Vietnamese places".   The sweet potato appetizer was solid (and very plentiful in amount), but not spectacular in taste.

The decor and atmosphere was quite nice.  Not super fancy or pretentious, but fairly classy and not tacky.  It was fairly busy on a weeknight, but not packed.

The menu was quite lengthy.  I think it may have contained Chinese dishes as well.

I don't remember the price, but I think it was the typical not too pricey Asian restaurant.

Overall, I'd definitely go again.  Minh's has plenty of dishes to try, our choices and appetizer were quite good, and it is coveniently located (about 1/2 between Courthouse & Clarendon stops on the Orange line - slightly closer to Courthouse).

No comments: