Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lebanese Taverna - Woodley Park

2641 Connecticut Ave. NW • Washington, DC, 20008 • (202) 265-8681 (directly across the street from the Woodley Park metro stop)

http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/

MENU (as of 3/6/2011)

So I finally revisited the Woodley Park location for Lebanese Taverna. First off, I should admit that I wasn't as impressed with the decor as I remember having been. I would not put it above the Bethesda decor.

In all other respects, Lebanese Taverna was as good as I remembered it. The server was even particularly attentive and charming.

Just as I have done on every other visit to a Lebanese Taverna, I split a bunch of mezze with someone rather than try an entree. I had a white wine with my meal and it was good to solid (really I just remember the food).

Lebanese Taverna had a hummus menu where you could choose and customize your own hummus. We had the Spicy Hummus and topped it with the Tomatoes & Feta. It was amazing. I have never had a better hummus in my life.

I also got the makdous (cured baby eggplant stuffed with walnuts, garlic, lemon, olive oil, pomegranate) again, which my date was curious about. She didn't seem to like it much, although I thought it was pretty good. It was a bit too strong in spice and garlic though and should have been more subtle. Not their best dish.

The Halloum cheese (with tomatoes, olive oil, olives and sauteed) was pretty good too, but nothing special.

Sadly, I cannot remember the other mezze or two that we had, despite remembering at least one being quite good.

Overall, I escaped with a $41.25 bill before tip, which included wine, and was easily enough food (more than my date could eat).


Summary of all 3 locations

Review of Bethesda location

No comments: