Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rustik Tavern

84 T St NW (by 1st & Rhode Island)
http://rustikdc.com/

I tried out Rustik Tavern on a weeknight. The atmosphere and decor impressed me right away. It isn't anything amazing, but Rustik has a nice outdoor patio with a open feeling due to its corner location. Inside, Rustik is dark, with an almost romantic ambiance.

The beer selection was pretty good. It wasn't a huge selection, but the 10 drafts were comprised of a good mix of solid microbrews (and Yuengling). For food, we ordered pizzas. To be adventurous, I tried the Ward 5 (mushroom, mozzarella, zahtar (spice mix), preserved lemon, tomato sauce). It was pretty good. I also tried a piece of someone's Chorizo (chorizo, pickled onions, mozzarella, tomato sauce), which was also pretty good. These were not in the elite, but they were well-done enjoyable pizzas. Rustik also has small dishes, salads, appetizers. Someone in our group got a salad, which was covered in cheese sprinkles.

For dessert I ordered the Ricottta Mousse Napolean (with phyllo and peaches. Topped with amaretto honey, pistachios, and basil.) It was different and quite delicious. I was very pleased.

I should check this place out for brunch sometime as they have an good looking brunch menu as well as bottomless mimosas and other drinks.

No comments: