Sunday, November 13, 2011

Boundary Stone

116 Rhode Island Ave NW
http://boundarystonedc.com/

Just down the street from Rustik Tavern, this is another yuppie new addition to the Bloomingdale neighborhood of DC
I ate at the bar, not the upstairs restaurant. The bar was long, dark, and had the effortfully retro/old decor/style that is popular in DC. I went here to watch baseball playoffs with friends, but also for the bacon jam burger that they and people in the neighborhood had raved about. It's $10, a solid sized burger, bacon jam, and aged cheddar plus fries. The fries were good. The burger was good, but nothing remarkable, thus falling short of the hype. I also got fried pickles for $3 and they were quite well done - evenly and lightly battered at a great temperature. I remember the beer selection having a few good options, although not extensive. I'd say not a place to go for the beer menu, but it doesn't disappoint. I also tried a piece of my friends' quesadilla - Slow braised pork, sauteed onions, poblano peppers ($9), which was pretty good as well.

Bottom line: I'd say that it is an enjoyable place to eat with good food, but not a stand-out, special destination place. On the other hand, it's not far from my place.

No comments: