Sunday, November 13, 2011

On the Border

8053 Leesburg Pike (Hwy 7), Vienna, VA 22182

I often skip noting big chains that I've eaten at. Heck I often forget them, especially those way out in the suburbs. On the Border was good enough to note though, especially considering the dearth of good Mexican in the D.C. area.

My team ate there after some sporting event and while everything about the place screams huge corporate chain, I enjoyed my meal. First, the chips and salsa were rather good. Not amazing, but light, warm, with spicy salsa. Second, although I skipped the margaritas because I was tired and driving, they were huge and people liked them. Primarily though, I ordered the beef brisket enchilada with cheddar and jack cheeses, and it was quite tasty. I also saw some other interesting options, including a cheese and chicken stuffed fried avocado and brisket tacos.

No comments: