Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vapiano

623 H Street NW

I went here after a sports match. It has a different set-up where you stand in line to order food at a long counter of stations which each prepare a different kind of meal. The decor is trendy and lounge-y with an open feel.
They have either pizza or pasta. I got pasta with some kind of cajun name to it and crayfish and interesting stuff. I asked for halfway between the mild and hot level of peppers. The dish was pretty good, nothing remarkable. Mainly it tasted like the hot peppers, although at almost an ideal level of hotness. Unfortunately, this was too hot to really get a refined idea of the flavor, although the consistency of the pasta and the chewiness of the meats seemed to be at nice level. My friends enjoyed a pizza, which they really liked. I also tried a bit of one's mousse, which was very good.

Overall: It is a chain and there are a ton of options in Chinatown, so I'd go with something more interesting.

No comments: