Thursday, August 20, 2009

European

Hey, it's a region and I haven't had enough of any type to give it their own space. Pizza, even if Italian, has its own post.

Cava Mezze - A very good Greek place on 8th Street in Eastern Market. I had a rushed meal so I only got four non-meat mezze, but everything was spectacular, as was my cherry mojito. See full review HERE.

Granville Moore's - good Belgian beer selection, good burgers, haven't tried other food. A bit pricey for what it is.

Brasserie Beck - good beer selection, quite good food. We had clams and something else. The cheese tray was pretty good too.

Belga Cafe - I had mussels here during mussels week. It wasn't bad, but it was disappointing after the good things I had heard. See full review HERE

Pines of Florence - Old Town: a bit shabby inside, but food was good, cheap, and generous portions. Italian.

Old Europe - The food here didn't seem exciting or exotic, but it was very good. It really stuck to your ribs (filled you up without being huge). You can order liters of good German beer too, but it's not really a bar. The decor was tacky, but that's pretty much German as far as I can tell. German. Cathedral.

Yanni's Greek Taverna - It's been over two years since I ate here, but I clearly remember that I came away unimpressed. It was by no means bad, but it was unimpressive. Even my beloved Saganaki (flaming cheese) was unimpressive (other than the flaming spectacle part). Cleveland Park

No comments: